Justice Innocent Azubike Umezulike, a former Chief judge of the Federal High Court, who died in a London hospital on 26th June, 2018, is among the 50 men that make up the travel ban list under Executive Order No. 6 issued yesterday by President Muhammadu Buhari, Daily Correspondents’ findings revealed.
The late Umezulike was buried last month September 25, with a Service of Songs held at the Justice I.A. Umezulike Auditorium, Enugu State High Court Complex, while a Commendation Service was also held for him the following day at the Cathedral Church of Good Shepherd, Independence Layout Enugu.
This is not the first time that the name of the dead will appear in a federal government approved list.
In December 2017, the names of five persons, said to be dead, appeared on the list of federal government appointments into the boards of federal agencies and corporations.
Following nationwide outrage, the Presidency later admitted the appearance of the names of the dead persons and apologised for the error, although presidential spokesperson Mallam Garba Shehu, said the error was not enough to describe the list as “scandalous”.
However, in yesterday’s list, thirteen former governors and seven former ministers, all facing corruption trials, were among the 50 men and women barred from leaving Nigeria.
The restriction followed the judicial affirmation of the constitutionality and legality of the order.
The watch-list and restriction were put in place pending the conclusion of the cases against those affected.
The former governors barred from leaving the country are: Saminu Turaki (Jigawa), Murtala Nyako (Adamawa), Adebayo Alao-Akala (Oyo), Gabriel Suswam (Benue), Rasheed Ladoja (Oyo), Orji Uzor Kalu (Abia), Danjuma Goje (Gombe), Attahiru Bafarawa (Sokoto), Muazu Babangida Aliyu (Niger); Chimaroke Nnamani (Enugu); Sule Lamido (Jigawa); Gbenga Daniel (Ogun); and Ibrahim Shehu Shema (Katsina). The affected governors belong to both APC and PDP.
On the list also is the former National Security Adviser, Colonel Sambo Dasuki (rtd),
Two female former ministers , Nenadi Usman and Jumoke Akinjide also made the list, along with Bashir Yuguda, Bala Mohammed; Abba Moro; Femi Fani-Kayode; and Ahmadu Fintiri.
Others include a former Chief of Defence Staff, Air Marshal Alex Badeh; ex- Chief of Naval Staff, Vice Admiral A. D. Jibrin; a former Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshal Mohammed Dikko Umar; a former Inspector-General of Police, Sunday Ehindero; and a former Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshal Adesola Amosu; Chairman Emeritus of AIT/ Raypower, High Chief Raymond Dokpesi; Waripamowei Dudafa (a former Special Assistant (Domestic) to ex-President Goodluck Jonathan and a former judge of the Federal High Court, Justice Rita Ofili-Ajumogobia.
Late Justice Innocent Umezulike, who was a
former Chief Judge of Enugu State was also in the list.
Also on the list are a former National Publicity Secretary of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Olisa Metuh; Chief Jide Omokore; Ricky Tarfa; and Dele Belgore (SAN).
Most of the affected persons are currently facing trial for alleged corrupt practices in different courts.
News4 days ago
Cloning: Nnamdi Kanu releases “6 scientific” facts, says “Jubril of Sudan” underwent plastic surgery to look like Buhari
News2 days ago
Nigerians are free to have sex in their car in public – Police
Politics5 days ago
2019: I cannot tell Nigerians who to vote for – Obasanjo
News5 days ago
BREAKING: Father Mbaka escapes assassination attempt
News6 days ago
JUST IN: Boko Haram attacks UNICEF clinic in Rann, kill scores of civilians
Politics3 days ago
Buhari’s re-election will bring more untold hardship to Nigerians – Obasanjo
News2 days ago
SHOCKING! 17 Borno local government areas still under Boko Haram occupation, Reps discover
News6 days ago
Court orders Gov. Bello to reinstate 170 sacked Kogi workers