Connect with us

News

Nigerian Army declares 22 soldiers wanted for absconding after encounter with Boko Haram

Published

on

Nigerian Army officer who is a major and 21 other soldiers who fled after an encounter with the Boko Haram terrorists in Borno State have been declared wanted.

According to a report by the Premium Times, the soldiers were said to have fled from the scene of a Boko Haram attack in Gubio, a community near Maiduguri, the state capital, on September 29.

Thereafter, 22 soldiers were unavailable without immediate indication that they were missing in action or seized by Boko Haram.

Recall that the insurgents attacked Gubio around 4:30 p.m. on September 29, leading to many casualties.

However, military sources told Premium Times that the soldiers so far believed to have absconded from duty to an unknown destination were 22.

A list of the those declared wanted includes: U.A. Nagogo, a major; Mallam Turaki, a staff sergeant; Benjamin Afolabi, sergeant, Christian Nwachukwu, sergeant; Patrick Kosin, sergeant; Awuwa Orin, sergeant; Ibrahim Amodu, sergeant; Nasiru Umar, sergeant; Bello Suleiman, sergeant; Josiah Seth, sergeant and Muazu Nura, sergeant.

Ayodeji Ogunsuji, corporal; Michael Friday, corporal; Wakili Saul, corporal; Akyen Zamani, corporal; Yahaya Abubakar-Doia, lance corporal; Isikuru Venture, lance corporal; Aminu Isiaku, lance corporal; Usman Suleiman, lance corporal; Maigari Markus, lance corporal; Edward Ofem, lance corporal and Adams Shehu, lance corporal, were also declared wanted.

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Trending